Step 1Take a saucepan and heat some sugar in it. Keep stirring until it starts melting. Let the sugar caramelise.Step 2Mix in a few drops of honey and lemon into the mixture. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes really hot.
While stirring, you need to make sure that the wax has good consistency .
If you think that the mixture is too thick, add a little water to it and keep mixing.
Once the mixture is ready , take it off the stove and keep it at room temperature for about an hour and allow it to cool down.
Once the wax has been cooled, take a tin container and refrigerate it.
Benefits of using homemade wax
- Compared to the ones that are available in the market, a homemade wax has several benefits. Here are a few.
- Since the wax is made using natural ingredients, it makes your skin soft and glow.
- You are not likely to develop any skin rash or infections by using homemade wax.
- It will remove the hair as well as will also moisturise your skin.
- Homemade wax lessens the production of hair, so the next time you wax, you will realise that the hair growth has considerably reduced.
- It will exfoliate your skin and also open the pores of your skin to allow the dirt to get out.
How to take care of your skin after waxing
- Always apply a moisturiser after you are done waxing.
- You can also wet the skin us ing a damp cloth so that it stays nourished and does not dry out immediately .
- Avoid going out in the sun too much after waxing. In case you have to, always wear a sunscreen.
- Avoid taking warm or hot wa ter showers after you've waxed. This will strip you off the essential oils.
- Before you go to bed at night, apply a nourishing lotion on the area so that your skin stays moisturised.
- If the area starts itching or turns red, apply talcum pow der to reduce it.
- You can also try applying a cube of ice on the affected area to reduce the redness.
There are times when you can't find the time to visit the salon to get your waxing done. When that happens, it's better to get waxed at home instead of shaving.